| Principles and Corporate Code
The Ministry of Defence:
- shall respect the values, policies, rights and freedoms set out in the Services Decree 2009, espoused in the Strategic Framework for Change and as determined from the wishes of the people expressed in the Peoples Charter for Peace, Change and Progress.
- will not condone patronage, favoritism, corruption, nepotism or political influence in the process of recruitment, appointment or promotion. These decisions will be based on merit, equal employment opportunity and a transparent and accountable selection process.
- will recognize the importance of the provision of equal opportunities irrespective of gender, ethnicity and religion.
- will implement the policies of Government in respect to Defence, Security and Intelligence (including all other policies that have an operational impact) effectively and efficiently bearing in mind cost effectiveness, resources, capacity and capability.
- will provide a working environment free of discrimination of any form.
- is apolitical. Its allegiance is to the State of the Republic of the Fiji Islands. It will always endeavor to serve the Government of the day in a manner that imbues professionalism, loyalty, accountability and transparency.
- is fully accountable, within the framework of the Services Decree of 2009, PFM Act 1999, to the President, the Government of the Fiji Islands and her people.
- is responsible to the Government for the provision of accurate, comprehensive, timely and relevant advice in relation to the status of National Security, Defence and Intelligence of the State.
- will emphasize integrity, honesty and ethical professionalism in all its transactions whether internally, to other Government Agencies, private sector and civil society organizations, the general public and regional and international parties.
- will deliver its services in a professional manner placing emphasis on timeliness, courteousness, honesty and transparency.
- will develop its human resources capability and capacity in order to ensure the continued effectiveness and efficiency of National Security, Defence and Intelligence leadership is maintained and enhanced.
Institution Responsibilities towards its Employees, Customers and community
- Wellbeing (job stability, OHS, environmental considerations)
- Training & Development
- High Productivity
- Value our position
- Maintain the interest of employees and the institution